Thursday, January 6, 2011

Change


I'm back to using the flash again, having had too few successful shots without...mostly due to the much darker house in the winter. I also have to admit that there's just so many ways one can photo lazy cats sleeping! :-) My kitty blog suffers. I need a new baby!

Change is good....or, rather, it is growth producing, offering, as it does, more opportunities for learning.
It's amazing to me how much we...and this includes the cats....fight adjusting to change.

I got an unexpected room mate on the second of this month, a friend who said she needed a place to stay for a couple of weeks. I like her very much. The cats like her very much.

But, I like my home all to myself a lot more....mostly, I think, because I can't be positive how long her stay will actually last. Silly....the anxieties we feel over the "what if". The cats are drawing their own boundaries, and this is what I find the most interesting.

The boys are all over her.....They greet her when she comes in, they follow her around, they sit in her lap....ah....sometimes, I actually feel a little bit jealous! But, they do NOT want her to shut the doors to the bathroom or bedroom that she is using. It's ok with them for her to be IN those rooms, but it's not ok to shut them out. Oh, the screaming and carrying on there was until I figured out the issue!

Worse yet for the guest is that they claim the guest bed as theirs. They crawl under the covers and protest if she moves her body. During the day, they mostly sleep on top of the bed, claiming both the guest bed AND mine. (Rudy was so upset the first two days that he vomited all over)
They also have begun getting on the kitchen counters and into the kitchen sink...new behavior.

Yes, it's kinda fun, but they want everything back to the way it was. I think I do too. I don't much like discovering how set in my ways I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment