Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Feline Toddler













I discovered Issey in the guest bath where he had pulled down the shower curtain. (It was his second time to do this.) He looked rather pleased with himself, though he cowered in the corner as I began picking up the mess.

It's been a rough week. I put that in the past tense, feeling hopeful that his week of making trouble is over. Today he did finally allow me to get some good work done on a collage. After half a dozen jumps onto my art table and being placed in an adjacent chair, he stayed there and watched me work.

The week has included his finding and unwrapping my cough drops , ruining three collage starts, and requiring me to make a second 56 mile round trip to the art store for more paper. It isn't that I wasn't paying attention. He is FAST and he loves all art materials. I have had regrets about removing the French doors of my studio, but I know that locking him out of where I work would cause bigger problems.

I thought about his diet, but there were no changes there, and I contemplated a vet visit to see if there was a physical reason for his behavior....when....this morning, I got my sweet kitty back. He snuggled in my lap and purred and purred.....and then allowed me to work! We are back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment