Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Leaving Baby














Here you see my Santino at 7 months,
below is Santino, Sr. as a kitten.  Going by these two photos, Jr. appears to have a more triangular face....not that it matters in the least to me.  Both are handsome boys.


Tomorrow morning I am going to Houston for 3 full days.  It will be the first time of leaving Santino.  I wanted to wait until he was at least a year old, but the International Quilt Festival calls.  Besides, I was going a bit stir-crazy. 

Oh, what will be think?  I hope he isn't too anxious.  I have a good cat sitter who will be sleeping here, and she will see to all of the cats physical needs, but she is very different from me.  I pad around the house quietly, the TV is seldom on, and I speak quietly.  I don't pick up my cats at will, and cuddle them when it suits their likes.  My sitter likes cats very much, but I would say she would be best friends with dogs, not cats.  But, she is good-hearted and I can count on her to be here as agreed on.   sigh....


Sophie doesn't come to me for hugs, so I'm not worried about her, and the older boys know the sitter well.  They both came within her grabbing distance when she came to get the key a couple of days ago.  Amazingly, Rudy did not go berserk when she picked him up! :-) 

1 comment:

  1. Virginia TorschOctober 14, 2009

    He will be fine! Cats are more resilient than you think! Have a great time in Hoston!

    ReplyDelete