Sunday, March 15, 2009

My New Baby


According to author Ted Andrews of Animal Speaks, cats wild of domestic, have certain qualities in common. They are associated with myth and lore, magic and mystery. Nine lives, curiosity, independence, cleverness, unpredictability and healing. Those with this medicine should also study its color, size and breed for a deeper understanding.


Cats have more rods in the retinas of their eyes which enable them to see effectively in the dark. Since the cat is at home in the dark, it serves as a valuable ally into the world of the supernatural and the unknown and can help those with this totem move through their fears efficiently.


The energy field of a cat rotates in a counterclockwise direction. Because of this, cats have the ability to absorb and neutralize energy that affects humans in a negative way. This is part of the healing medicine that the cat holds.

******


This is her Royal Highness, Princess Sophie. I thought I'd pulled the name out of "thin air", and then days later realized that is the name of an online friend's black and white cat....a cat whom she adores!

My Sophie is thought to be under a year old. She is in love with Rudy, but still afraid of me. It's taking all the patience I can muster to not grab her and hug her. :-) But, I must wait until she is ready. We are making progress.....Now she purrs for me, not just for Rudy.

I am always wanting to write about my cats, and so I came up with the idea of a shared blog with other crazy cat ladies. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Well, I, Elsa, still want to know if this is a black and white cat only blog. My big mama finally figured out how to post a comment ... but the rest of us girls have a lot to say also..
    We are gorgeous, quirky tabbies ... but our paws don't work on the computer ... we depend on our big mama ... and she is not too technically inclined .. or, even interested. Do you all know about lizards? or gophers? Or, are we on the wrong site?
    Sniffs, Elsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Elsa! You are the first cat to post here, and we are happy to hear from you! This is definitely an integrated blog and you are very welcome to come play. But, lizards and gophers? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

    ReplyDelete