Sunday, April 11, 2010

Emotional Whiplash

Yes, I know this isn't about me.  But, just the same, this is very hard, and it's been going on 11 days now.  Miki is down again.  His temp measured  104.5 when he lurched away from me, so I don't know whether it would have registered even higher.  This is in spite of the medication I have faithfully given him as instructed.

I've spoken to the vet twice today....He was the one on call.  Wet him down, he said....which I did, and do.  But, it's all feeling like it's not working, and I am only making him more miserable.  I try hard to not think those thoughts, but they are coming just the same.

Unlike any of my previous cats whom I helped across the Rainbow Bridge, Miki shows no sign of distress.  He is perfectly still, breathing  evenly.  There doesn't seem to be any pain anywhere.  If he makes it through the night, I will not hospitalize him again.  No more.  It's quiet and peaceful here, and he is where he loves to be.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Chaska...my heart is with you & Miki...I'm sending good healing energy your way.
    xo
    Debbie
    ===^..^===

    ReplyDelete