Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Kittens!

I don't know how old Sophie is, but she is now playing, playing, playing. Santino appreciates this greatly, and knows it's safe to "attack" her whenever he feels the urge. I have to admit, I hover over them, ready to break it up quickly. Of course, I don't think I am neurotic......It's just that Sophie outweighs Santino by many pounds.

A friend mentioned that when they got a dog, her cat began fainting. Nothing was found. So I wondered if what happened to Miki was not two kittens.....The stress of it, the change in activity level and my dividing my attention four-ways. Still, the vet urged bloodwork and x-rays. The part of me who thought the vet an alarmist who needs to make money, and the part of me who is head over heels in love with her cats had an argument.......Now I feel both a bit stupid and relieved. Vet said it's likely an allergy to the kitten food Miki ate.


I think it's more about an "allergy" to sharing my attention with two kittens. I could never have forgiven myself, though, if I had not done the blood panel and x-rays and something really serious was wrong.














Miki watches the whole thing with interest.





I think a "Halt" was called by mutual consent

1 comment: